Fabege will be a significant partner to our customers and society as a whole. Consideration for the environment will be a natural and integral aspect of Fabege’s work with administration, project development and property transactions.
Fabege’s aim is to develop properties, areas and districts that remain attractive and sustainable in the long term, and that provide a high level of comfort for our customers while having a low impact on the environment.
In order to achieve this, Fabege will:
- ensure that energy, water and other natural resources are consumed efficiently, avoiding waste and taking the environment into consideration
- make sure all electricity supplied to the properties is from renewable sources – solar, wind and hydropower
- provide opportunities for sorting waste for recycling and facilitate efficient, eco-friendly waste management
- endeavour to reduce the total amount of waste
- impose clear environmental requirements when purchasing goods and services
- offer green leases
- replace hazardous chemicals with less damaging alternatives where possible
- reduce the environmental impact of transportation both for business travel and goods deliveries
- choose construction methods and building materials that are sensitive to environmental concerns and consistent with Fabege’s framework programme for office project design
- take account of climate change and plan for robust, long-term solutions in our properties
- prevent the occurrence and spread of contaminants
- improve environmental knowledge among our employees through training, and communicate information about environmental issues internally and externally
- regularly document, follow up, evaluate and improve our environmental work
- environmentally certify all new production and significant redevelopments according to BREEAM-SE, and existing properties to BREEAM In-Use standard
- comply with, or exceed the relevant environmental legislation and other requirements that affect the business
Follow-up and implementation
The content of this policy is revised and followed up annually by the company’s Group Management through internal follow-up procedures. All managers with personnel responsibility are charged with ensuring that this policy is known and complied with, in their specific department/sphere of responsibility. All employees have access to all Fabege policy documents through the company’s intranet.
Stockholm, 10 September 2019
Stefan Dahlbo, CEO