Scenario 3: "The tech city"
Market-driven globalisation initially generated substantial productivity gains and a larger global middle class.
The market developed energy-smart systems, production optimisation and customised solutions with the help of robots, sensors and IoT. Meanwhile, total dependency on natural resources increased.
Growth pressure and limited resources led to regional crises and escalating climate effects.
Growing environmental problems have fuelled demand for technical solutions that can radically reduce the environmental and climate impact of the economy.
Effects of future weather events in a future society. The average temperature in Stockholm has risen by 1.8–2.5 degrees. More, and stronger weather events. Change in precipitation patterns and considerable variations in weather patterns. Rise in sea levels.
Role of urban development:
Develop sustainable, eco-friendly, low-carbon solutions for society with efficient use of materials.
Risks that affect Fabege
- Reduced focus on recreational values
- Social ill health and segregation
- Greater dependence on natural resources
- Escalating climate effects
Opportunities for Fabege
- Energy balance/self-sufficiency
- Customised solutions with the help of robots, sensors and IoT
- Higher values for environmentally certified, energy-efficient properties
- Eliminating district boundaries to reduce segregation