An agreement has been made between the City of Solna, AIK Fotboll and Fabege to provide AIK Fotboll with a new base in its home municipality of Solna. This involves a facility for the men’s team at Råstasjöns IP sports centre and a central meeting place for the entire club, including the women’s team and youth academy, at Skytteholms IP. At the same time, the City of Solna is making major investments in football activities in general in Solna.
This is the main content of a letter of intent agreed between the City of Solna, AIK Fotboll and Fabege. The aim is to give AIK Fotboll the opportunity to concentrate its activities in its home municipality and to enable the City of Solna to provide comprehensive support to football activities for children and young people in Solna. The home base at Råstasjöns IP will have a clear environmental profile, with a natural grass pitch and a circular facility.
- “AIK Fotboll belongs in Solna. It feels fantastic to now be able to offer AIK a sustainable and comprehensive solution for its men’s and women’s teams, as well as the youth academy, while we also make a big push regarding football activities for children and young people in Solna,” says Sara Kukka-Salam, Chair of the Municipal Executive Board of the City of Solna.
- “We are very pleased that the City of Solna is making it possible for AIK Fotboll to have a home within the municipality’s boundaries. We see ourselves as a key social stakeholder in the City of Solna and it is therefore important for both us and the municipality that AIK Fotboll can continue to grow in an environment in which we, and our players, trainers and members, can thrive,” says AIK Fotboll CEO and Club Director Fredrik Söderberg.
- “Our youngsters benefit greatly from sport, as they get to meet and interact with their teammates and dedicated adults. They also need idols and role models to look up to in their club and the national teams. We want to help ensure that football continues to be a positive force in Solna. And what is good for Solna and AIK is also good for Fabege,” says Johan Zachrisson, Business Development Manager at Fabege.
The creation of a home for AIK Fotboll is also being supplemented by the City of Solna with investment in football activities in general in Solna. Skytteholms IP will be renovated and further developed for football activities in Solna. The existing football pitch at Huvudstafältet will be made bigger, to meet the competition requirements for an eleven-a-side pitch. A new nine-a-side pitch will be created. It will also be possible to divide that pitch into two five-a-side pitches. And the sports centre in Järvastaden will provide additional eleven-a-side, nine-a-side and seven-a-side pitches.
Main points of the letter of intent:
• The City of Solna will lease Råstasjöns IP to Fabege, which will develop the sports centre by creating an environmentally friendly natural grass pitch for training and building a clubhouse. AIK Fotboll will rent the facility from Fabege as a home for its men’s football activities. Råstasjöns IP is expected to be ready for use in spring 2026.
• The City of Solna will renovate and further develop Skytteholms IP by adding new buildings and changing rooms. New stands will be created, to increase the crowd capacity, and additional features will be added in order to further develop the sports centre and enhance the event experience for competitive matches. The initiatives are intended to benefit all the clubs and associations that currently utilise Skytteholms IP. The site will also be adapted to create a new home for the AIK women’s team and its youth academy. The renovation of Skytteholms IP will be carried out in stages.
• The existing football pitch at Huvudstafältet will be made bigger, to meet the competition requirements for an eleven-a-side pitch. A new nine-a-side pitch will be created. It will also be possible to divide that pitch into two five-a-side pitches.
The full letter of intent is available here: https://www.solna.se/avsiktsforklaring
Fabege AB (publ)